Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Thank You

It has been four weeks and one day since Mom went to heaven.

I have so many thoughts going through my head that I don't want to forget. I don't want to lose people that have become so dear to me. I don't want to lose memories, or smiles, eyes of joy, time spent with loved ones.

I have been totally joyously overwhelmed by the outpouring for condolences we have received. For a week after Mom's service the house smelled like a flower shop and I enjoyed the beautiful symbols of remembrance each moment. Thank you. I got home last night and in the mail there were two more cards with sweet notes about both my mother and father. The constant stream seems reassuringly never ending.

I just got a message on my phone yesterday that my voicemail is becoming dangerously full and soon I will not be able to receive more. Proof that I have received so many loving calls checking up on me and loving me and missing Mom. Although not all of them get returned, and usually not in a timely manner, I always listen and cherish them.

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment