Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Dad Continued


Back to my Dad - Scott Brown. He had the most amazing faith and the most amazing support group. Our church family really gathered around him and I know that he truly felt the love. So many good memories and funny stories happened in these three years. And of course I hold them even more dear because November 18, 2006 - at sunset, my Dad went to join his heavenly Father. The pain was finally over for him. A precious card still reminds Mom and me daily - He Is Free! I know that he had such an impact on so many lives, most of all the lives of myself and my brother, Jeremy. He was the picture perfect father. Patient, oh so loving, firm, challenging, ever present @ all soccer games and orchestra concerts. He was also a father and husband who taught by example and this I know, because I see more of my father in the way my brother loves his beautiful wife - Naomi. He also set a very high standard for my husband who has yet to find his way into my life. I am reminded daily of things he said, his witty humor, his spiritual insight and his love for my mother. I know that he will continue to influence my life and that as we continue on the journey of this blog, his life and love will be woven through, as he is in my life.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for this moving tribute to Scott, Shelby. I know what you say about his influence in your life is and will continue to be true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you discribed your father I saw a picture of you! You are very much like him in the way you love and care! I love this Blog! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete