Tuesday, August 18, 2009

History


This whole blogging thing is new for me, so I will be learning as I go. Of course, I wish that I had started this long before and thus could have chronologically kept everyone up to date. But, better late than never. I am not sure that I would have been able to write details before this point. So here we go.

To start with, my name is Shelby Brown. Mom's name is Teri Brown. I guess I will start when I graduated from nursing school @ the University of New Mexico - spring of 2003. I then moved out to Los Angeles - fall of 2003. Then Dad was diagnosed with colon cancer - spring of 2004. My mother was his primary care giver for the next three years. When I first heard colon cancer, I was not worried. I thought that people are afflicted with this all the time - they have a little surgery and are "cured" and go on about their life. It was not so easy for Dad. After many surgeries, an ostomy, incredibly excruciating constant pain we finally found out that it had metastasized to his liver and lungs. I got scared at this point. We spent one Christmas morning in the hospital with him. I traveled home almost once a month to be with my family. It was not easy to see my strong father fall victim to such a painful disease.

2 comments:

  1. Your family is and always has been amazing...your parents especially. TRUE LOVE for the Lord,and each other. I can't wait to read more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm glad u started this blog. your stories are very inspirational!!!

    ReplyDelete